Monday, February 2, 2009

5 Things I Learned From This Last Race

Nothing better than a crisp and sunny morning and a warm cup of coffee to accompany my race reflection! Mmmmm.....

1. My amazing BF will forever say things like this: (conversation takes place 3 hours into our 6 hour car ride to the hotel)

BF: My head's kinda bothering me.

Me: Have some water.

BF
: I had like 10 bottles yesterday!

Me: That doesn't carry over into today you know?

BF: I'll be fine, I don't want to be stopping for the bathroom every 20 mins.

Me: Okay, well let me know when you want some water.

BF: Okay, but only if you stop nagging me about it *big proud smile knowing he shocked me*

Me: *with a joking glare* Come on! I don't nag! You're always telling me about you buddies' annoying gfs and wives and how I'm all not like that!!!

BF: You're right. *thinks for a little bit* Well, you know dear, it's like - just because I have a really nice car already doesn't mean I can't want a nicer onnne uh.....

Me
: *JAW DROP*

BF
: Uhhhhhhh, wait, no, that's not what I meant!

2. All Italian restaurants within a 10 mile radius of a race will be packed the night before with carbo-loading runners. So, if you are told you have a 45 minute wait, just wait! (or get take out) because driving around for 45 minutes trying to find a good but not busy pasta joint will only double your wait time and result in hungry and irritated monsters.

3. Staying in the hotel right on the Start Line is worth the extra $80 or so. Otherwise, BF spends 2 hours driving the 3 miles to and from the start line trying to find parking - which has the potential to make him cranky.

4. Being slightly under prepared for a race will help you run your best time because your body feel great while running, but...


5. Being slightly under prepared for a race will make you more sore than you've ever been in you life the next day. *whimper while shifting in chair*

1 comments:

Robertnsbo said...

Within a Year, Groban was a rising star. Making a difference in educating people is of my main reasons for creating and developing lenses on Squidoo. The first is on the track "Lullaby," a beautiful melody that some have had trouble coming to terms with. Josh Groban concert-goers must-haves