Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yoga Knees

My knees are acting up again. I am determined to finish the race series on February 1st. So, I am going to give yoga a try.

Before running, I was a huge fan of Bikram; basically, yoga in a sauna for 90 minutes. It satisfied my need to push my flexibility and sweat off major calories. Unfortunately, I had not yet developed any other healthy habits so I just allowed myself more treats to "reward" the hard work. I did try to go back to Bikram since I began running, it was just a bit too intense for my now tight (in the "owww, it hurts to bend post-run" kind on way) muscles.

With my race only a few weeks away and my knees constantly nagging, I need to do something! Beginning tomorrow at 9:30am (setting alarm clock to ear-drum shattering volume now) I will attempt beginning level Vinyasa Yoga 3 times per week (I might throw in Hatha yoga on Saturdays to mix it up).

I'll be sure to report back on results/disasters ;-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?) This review is from: GPX BC118W Radio/CD Player Boombox (Electronics). Free "Basic" versions have been provided as well as paid "Plus" versions with additional features. Continue on reading Digital Photography Blog.