Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ode to the Mary Jane

On days I cannot balance, your strap keeps things in place
When the sidewalk tries to throw me, you won't fly to your demise
You never sound like I'm farting or like I'm at the beach
You are the perfect shoe

You come in loads of colors and match with many things
You never go out of style, your silhouette's too pure
I can wear you with some legging, jeans, slacks or a skirt
You match my evening dresses and add some spunk to jeans & Ts
You are the perfect shoe

You compliment my innocence with the simple little strap
And you highlight my sophistication with your patent leather sheen
You show that I am trendy but never over the top
You are the perfect shoe

If my feet are swollen your strap adjusts to fit just right
And when my feet are cold and small you keep my step in place and never let them flop
How can I thank you, Mary Janes, for your simple perfect shape
I'll just say again - You are the perfect shoe

*Please note I love all shoes, but sometimes I just have to play favorites ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I can find a.. er.. boy friend like that.

Little Fish said...

So cute!

Erin said...

I agree! My faves are my black BCBG pumps and my brown leather Steve Madden flats. *sigh*

Love, Fitness, Money, More said...

Thanks for the comments gals! Steve Madden flat Mary Janes you say Erin?? I will have to check those out, I'm in need of a reliable pair of flats.