Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goals, Updates & Stuff

Yoga is good overall. I've been doing it for about two weeks now and my left knee and lower back are feeling much much better. I also started swimming around the same time so that could be the reason for the relief. Either way, I plan to keep both up to keep my workouts fresh. My right knee, on the other hand, not so good. It's been hurting for the last week or so. I tried to run on it today and it wasn't going to happen without serious pain. I'm going to get it checked out on Thursday to see if I can run my race on Feb 1. Hopefully I can!!

My 2009 goals are off to a rocky start. I have yet to get an interview (other than with recruiters) let alone a job, my debt is staying steady but I really need it to start going DOWN. My weight has been going down but I have not been eating well so it's going to make a U-turn if I don't whip myself back into healthy mode, the biking and running goals are still too early to start on so I can leave those in the back of my head for now.

My emotional life is a bit of a mess too. The BF is great, supportive and patient with my unemployment and frustration. I'm getting to the point where I feel the lack of response to my applications is personal and that is coming out in my attitude recently. A little more meditation, yoga, and resume tweaking will hopefully do the trick!

Blogging 2-3 times per week....yeah, if you read this I don't have to tell you how that's going; I'll get there! Networking is actually improving, I've been ignoring the negative voice in my head more and more, allowing me to be a little more risky with job applications and asking for help. It's a start.

I have been reading, maybe too much. I've already read 3 books this month. I think I will take a break until February now and focus on the other goals. I tend to get lost in my books (much like I did in TV) and leave everything else on the back burner. For example, I should really have been studying my Chinese all weekend instead of finishing my third book, whoops! But at least I did take the class and I do enjoy it, now I just need to pass it ;-)

So yes, I am a little overwhelmed, but, on the plus side, today's inauguration lifted my spirits. I feel like this is a fresh start for me as well. I mean, Obama is an inspiration for new beginnings and change (not to mention a BEAUTIFUL man, yum). And on that note....Off to do homework, cleaning and class!

0 comments: