Saturday, January 24, 2009

Credit Where it's Due

I just realized that I am a bit too hard on myself. In the last couple years I have completely revamped my lifestyle. I started to budget and pay off my debt, then I stopped using debt all together even while unemployed, I started exercising regularly, then running, and I started eating pretty healthily.

I also switched careers to something I would enjoy more but, I am having a hard time with this part right now. I am applying for jobs like a mad woman but I am very torn. On one hand I want to go into marketing/communications because I enjoy it more over all, but the pay is low to start. On the other hand accounting pays excellent given my experience but i get so sick of number crunching that I sometimes just want to throw the computer at a wall.

Now that seems cut and dry, "go for what you like." Not really that simple, while I do enjoy marketing more than accounting, I struggle with a $20-$25 grand pay cut. It might sound shallow and materialistic, but I like nice things. I like to shop and BF and I have lofty goals including marriage, travel, and purchasing a home. So it isn't so easy for me to decide what to do. I figure a couple years of accounting to get some savings taken care of won't hurt, but then, how many people think that and get stuck....time for a bit more soul searching on this!

But back to the point, besides my career conundrum, I have done pretty damn well personally. I am proud of myself. And, if picking a career path is my biggest worry, I need to step back and appreciate all I have and all I've accomplished.

0 comments: