Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Recipes Needed

I've come to realize that I need to expand my recipe base if I am to continue to eat (and keep BF eating) healthily on a regular basis.

These are are the recipes I can now make with my eyes closed (I'll post them oneday)

Dinner/Lunch Main Dish
Beef stew (crockpot)
Ground turkey stew (crockpot)
Spaghetti with turkey meat sauce (stove top)
chicken soup (stove top)
Avocado steak salad (stove top - steak)
Turkey meat loaf (crock pot, only made it once actually, I improvise with whatever ingredients I have and it's still delish!)
Avocado Tuna Salad (stove top, also an one time make so far, but I loved it!)


Sides
Mashed potatoes
Sauteed onions & green beans

Breakfast
Egg white fritata (using any random ingredients around the kitchen)
Banana chocolate Breakfast Bars (I like to sub grated carrot and/or zucchini for the coconut)

Desserts
Healthy variation of chocolate chip cookies
Cranberry and/or pecan shortbread cookies (I just sub the pecans for the cranberries or use both)
Banana chocolate breakfast bars (BF considers anything with chocolate game all day long)

I suppose that isn't too bad. But we have been eating all that since October with no variation other than eating out. It's starting to get a little repetitive at this point.

I do have a couple things I am itching to try in the next week or two (maybe this weekend would be good!)

Stuffed green peppers
Healthy fudge brownies (BF will be excited when I finally get to these.)

Then I'll have to do a little more research into some easy and healthy recipes.

And on a side note...
I need to change platforms soon and start networking other bloggers to get some readers on here! :)

0 comments: