Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back from the Dead

Sorry I've been kinda MIA. Got a little down about the job hunt and dealt with the worst bout of PMS I've had in about 3 years. Cramps, irritability, extreme bloating....seriously, not sure why it hit me so bad this time!

ANYWAY, I'm Back :-D

...and with some good news! I have work! At least for the month of March, maybe more...
Even more exciting is that I am working with a good friend, former colleague, and mentor; so I am learning a TON!

Only difficult part (other than giving up all the "me time" I got used to since October) is working from home. It's nice in that I can get up and make healthy snacks and lunches etc when necessary and tend to little things that come up around the house. But my home no longer feels like a sanctuary, I feel a little like I am never really "off" for the day which makes it harder to relax in the evening and harder to focus when working. And it's putting a little strain on BF and me (but that's really just adjusting to the change)

I'm hoping over the next few weeks I'll find ways to make it more comfortable. First thought is a TV for our bedroom...

I've historically been against the TV in bedroom idea and BF has always really wanted one in there. And now I think it might not be a bad idea. Since my "office" area is kind of attached to the living room, it would be nice to be able to escape from it completely into another room to unwind and watch some TV.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on making a home office work in a 1 bedroom apartment?

2 comments:

Little Fish said...

Congrats on getting some work! It sounds like a great opportunity.

Love, Fitness, Money, More said...

Thanks! I hope it works out, can be tricky with friends but...fingers crossed! :)