Sunday, March 22, 2009

Give me a sign already!!

While commenting on One Little Fish's insight I had a mini revelation....(is that the right word?)

She talks about the messages the universe puts in front of us to help guide us through life's many conundrums; her messages come through music.

As I was writing about my envy for her insight it hit me! My messages come in different forms. I am still envious because only one form is clear to me:

Warning pop into my head, just in and out. Almost like a mini vision that is very easy to ignore and shake. There are two warnings that still haunt me for their clarity.

When I was about 8 years old my mother, step-dad, and I were moving into a new apartment. My mother had a beautiful antique mirror that she adored which hung over her dresser. We had hired movers to take care of all the furniture and most boxes. As the movers arrived I mumbled to my mother that the mirror will break. She gave me an odd, slightly concerned look, and continued down her to-do list as we were in a moving frenzy.

When we finally arrived at our new home, the movers were waiting with sad news - my mom's treasured mirror was broken. She just looked at me with a bit of awe. She still tells that story and takes extra precautions whenever I have a "feeling" about anything.

The second warning hit me just moments before my "lucky" (and only) car accident. I went to college about 75 miles from home. I would come in about 2-3 weekends per month to see my family and BF (same one!). This particular trip was right after my 21st birthday. It was the first Midwestern snow storm of the season - and my first winter as a driver. About 20 miles from home, while moving out of the left most lane, I hit a patch of black ice. I lost complete control of my car, spun straight across the entire FIVE lanes of oncoming traffic, and came to a stop after making-out with the guard rail. I call this my "lucky" accident because ... well FIVE lanes of traffic and not a single car hit me. Had they...this might be a VERY different story. I came out of it with only bad case of the shakes (from fear and shock) and I was close enough to home that BF was able to grab a cab to come rescue me and my car.

Back to the point...before all this happened, I knew it would. About 20 miles into my trip (30 miles before the accident) I was bopping along to music on the freeway at a lightning 40mph and I suddenly just froze in terror. I knew there was an accident on my horizon. I shook it off and kept on driving. I mean, what exactly was I supposed to do, turn around? I am a firm believer in destiny, I believe if I HAD turned around, an accident still would have occurred; and maybe it wouldn't have been as lucky.

When my mom heard my story post accident she just shook her head and said I shouldn't have been in such a rush, I didn't give "it" enough time to warn me. To this day, when I tell her about any feeling or "vision" or dream I have she begs me to take it to heart. But I try not to, because many times it is just a bit of fear or paranoia...this is why I need to figure out how else the universe communicates with me. Then maybe I could filter messages from fears and Law-and-order induced paranoia!

2 comments:

Little Fish said...

Wow, super interesting post. We're all plugged in to the universe somehow. I think you're right though that you have to figure out when you are recieving a message and when it's just a normal amount of nerves about something. It might be helpful to try and think about any times when this happened in a positive way. Like you had a feeling that you were going to meet someone special one day and that night you went to a party and met someone who is know a really close friend or something like that.

Larryxnyp said...

It can also be used in some mining works to power on helmet lights and flashlights. Use Appropriate Battery Charge Settings and Procedures - If you have any experience with motorcycle battery chargers, you will recognize that there are specifications and procedures outlined by the battery manufacturer that you should follow. The automotive industry has its own sections and batteries are sold there by very reputable sellers. There are plenty of exciting reasons why people move from one state to another and these reasons are enough for them to take the risk and go through the hardship of moving.