Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2009 Goals - Updates & Revisions

Back in January, after ringing in a splendid New Year, I shared with you my goals.

Since them...some things/expectations/situations/etc. have changed.

Here's an "update" (I use the term loosely because this will also contain some reflection and complaining...hey, gotta be true to myself!)

Financial Goals:
1. Get a Job Status: In Progress?? - No, really, not done
I've decided to stay away from accounting; I went on a few interviews, and try as I might, my distaste for the profession must have shown through. It's not that I don't respect accountants, I do! But, being one is just not for me (yet)!

2. Pay down 50% of my debt Status - Pending, see above
Hasn't gone up by much but my interest rates are skyrocketing suddenly which means the balances will start going up soon. Sell my car you say? Still considering the option.

Physical Goals:
1. Reach new goal weight of 129lbs Status: On Track
I've fluctuated up and down but overall have dropped from 143 to about 138 since then. I'm satisfied with my progress as this is a lifestyle goal, not just a weight loss goal.

2. Train and race a bike w the BF Status: Modified to Bike ride with BF regularly.
I found out that unless I purchase a new bike and gear I cannot race a bike. However, BF just purchased a new bike (his old one was OLD and had a broken wheel) and the weather is improving. We've been on a couple rides and I plan to ride with him weekly starting in April (I'm traveling a lot in the next two weeks)

3. Run at least 15 miles each week Status: Modified to Let knee heal and be ready to start training in May.
Right before my last race in February, I was diagnosed with Pes Anserine Bursitis (funny because I am ridiculously flexible and it's caused by tight hamstrings, go figure) and have been SLOWLY and carefully (with a few over extended setbacks) nursing it back to health over the last couple months. I've started to run again slowly and carefully. I am pretty confident I will be ready to start hard core training come May 1st (*knocking on wood*)

Emotional Goals: (crap, why am I reliving this?? - oh yeah, so I can be a happy cheery smily person more often :-D)
1. Find ways to improve my emotional health Status: not started (I think)
I suppose I have been working on this without realizing. Throughout my roller coaster of a job hunt, I've made an effort to recognize my immature and fear driven behavior, reflect and find the cause, and work on eliminating the negativity. It's been difficult and exhausting. It may be time to start making a conscious effort towards this goal so I don't have to relive the cycle every week or two.

2. Blog 2-3 times per week Status: Varied
At times I've far exceeded this goal and at others I've neglected it completely. This pretty much coincides with the previously mentioned "roller coaster of a job hunt." I am determined to stop flaking on this goal as it might currently be the one most likely to help me stay sane.

3. Network Status: Not so much
Still feeling very insecure, shy, and like an imposition. Actually, I often feel even more like one. I am coming up on SIX months of unemployment and each day seems more hopeless (re: job hunt) This is when i really NEED to strive for this goal.

Mental Goals:
1. Take 2 Classes Status: On Track!
I am currently preparing for the final in my Chinese class and I am currently signed up for 3 Class for the Spring term. Chinese 2 and two personal training courses online (more on that later...)

2. Read at least 2 books per month Status: kinda sorta
I read three books in January and one since then....I might still be able March. Yes, yes I will!

Miscellaneous Goals:
1. Learn to Knit hats and blankets Status: Plenty of time
Haven't started this yet, but it's a low priority item at the moment. Not sweating it.

2. Post "link Love" 2-3 times per month Status: Whoops
I may have done 2 since then :-D Will work on it.

Next step is to make monthly goal lists to help ensure I am striving to meet my goals.

Maybe I will start with making a list of Goals for the remainder of March...tomorrow.

Night All!

0 comments: