Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday 20 Questions - Week 1

Marc and Angel Hack Life is one of my favorite and most inspiring blogs. A while back they had a post on 20 questions to ask yourself every Sunday. I've decided I will start to do this weekly right here! Here is week 1 - a little bit late...true to form ;-)

What are your answers? If you blog about this as well let me know! I love to hear about others joys and struggles :)

1. I learned that I am stronger than I think I am. I will accomplish great things even thought there might be many obstacles in my path.

2. My greatest accomplishment was getting a job after 7 months of unemployment!

3. Again with the job offer! Because 7 month of unemployment will make you crazy and the offer seemed to have balanced out my mood and craziness in the snap of a finger!

4. My number 1 goal this week is to learn and study everything about my new job. There will be things I don’t know and I CANNOT put off learning them as I tend to do!

5. I am reminding myself that training starts next week so my focus is on work and that is OK. I will do my best to work out once daily, but the twice dailies are not a focus this week by any means…and that is OK.

6. I’ve struggled with self doubt and low self esteem. I know I can kick ass at this job and I will, but sometimes I will doubt myself, hopefully it won’t cloud me. Nay…It won’t cloud me; I won’t let it!

7. TV…the usual!

8. Worry about my diet (in the healthy sense) and the inches I have put on this month. Training starts soon, this week focus on work!

9. Finishing up ALL the Ebay auctions. I completed a good chunk of them but the few I didn’t have been sitting around for years (seriously!) I will make time on Tuesday or Thursday night to crank those out!

10. A couple more interviews might still be in play, I can still offer my help to friends on a freelance basis and I still have the option of pursuing personal training and nutrition as a side gig.

11. I need to email a number of people that I have been putting off and call my good friend who I accidentally ditched on my last week home due to my depression cloud.

12. Oh so many people in my life deserve a big THANK YOU – my bf, my friends, my family. They have all been so supportive over the last few months in so many different ways. I will make a list and try to thank them all.

13. I already got one of my friends an interview this week! Does that count?? Also, I need to cook and prepare some healthy food to help myself and BF stay in a healthy mindset.

14. 1-Pay off my debts 2-buy a house 3-get a pup!

15. Yes, I stayed out of further debt during unemployment and now I am budgeting with my new job to maximize my money towards debt elimination

16. Cut back on spending; stop giving in to my wants. Same step for all three since they are contingent on each other.

17. I am looking forward to getting down and dirty at my new job and then to Friday night happy hour!!

18. I am afraid that I will not rock the socks of my new boss, or that they will regret hiring me. I know I can prove my awesomeness. There will be things that I don’t know, but I am willing and able to learn and master them. I need to let that shine through and squash that pesky self-doubt

19. I am most grateful for my BF this week. He has handled my unemployment and job offer with such patience and love that I can’t even find the right words to show my gratitude and love for him. He’s the best.

20. My BF, My Sister, and My mom…oh! And my kitties of course!